What can I do to tighten the loose baggy and wrinkled skin underneath my eyes? (photos)

I have already had blepharoplasty 3 years ago, and fillers under my eyes 2 months ago. Still the excess skin around my eyes is very loose and makes me look much older. I've heard of laser, but will that only improve the bagging skin or remove / tighten it completely?

Lower eyelid wrinkles

A combination of CO2 laser and Juvederm Voluma would be a good option for you. A small ridge of orbicularis muscle under the lashes is youthful - so I would not recommend taking out tissue - just tightening with Laser. An Oculoplastic surgeon experienced with CO2 Laser and injectibles would be idea. Best wishes with your decision!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

A laser might tighten the lower eyelid skin but you are also hollow in this lower eyelid.

Personally, I would encourage you to have filler for the lower eyelid in the form of hyaluronic acid gel filler.  My favorite for this application is Restylane because it is highly predictable and tends to hold very precisely where it is placed.  The treatment is fussy and you need to identify the right injector.  Interestingly, I see many patients from Dubai who come for filler service, which suggests to be that finding the right injector even in a World city like Dubai is challenging.

Loose under eye skin

By your photos, it looks like you might need a lower lid pinch. This can be performed in the office using local anesthetic. Sutures are usually removed in 3-5 days and the downtime is minimal. The scar is nearly invisible and the procedure can get rid of the ridge of excess skin. If you don't have that much excess, an erbium laser resurfacing can definitely improve the wrinkles and tighten the skin a little. The erbium laser causes less redness, downtime and risks than the CO2 laser.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loose lower lid skin

Thank you for the question.  I would consider use of retin A at bedtime to "prime" your skin and pursue CO2 resurfacing.  Good luck!

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tightening loose lower eyelid skin

Thank you for the photographs from different angles!  It is likely that CO2 laser would soften the creases beneath your left eye, and it certainly would smooth out skin that has a crepe-like texture.  If you still have a true excess of skin at the lower eyelid, you may need further skin removed surgically to improve this area further.  I believe you would also benefit tremendously from upper blepharoplasty since you have a visible excess of skin that is folding over toward the upper lash line.  In order to decide whether further lower eyelid skin could be safely removed or if CO2 laser would be more appropriate, it is essential to have an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience in both.  It is important to closely assess not only the texture and amount of lower eyelid skin, but also the overall tightness of the lower lid.  Best wishes for a beautiful result!