Do you think there is a "sunken chest deformity"? (Photo)

I have just had my gyno surgery 2 days ago. This is how it looks so far. Do you think there is a "sunken chest deformity"? Has the surgery overdone it and the skin might be stuck right on the muscle layer? Too much fat and breast tissue out? Will I be able to bulk up muscle? or will I end up needing fat injections to restore the layer of fat between the skin and the muscle? Secondly; area around my right nipple still looks puffy. will that flatten like the left one and become normal? By when?

Concerned About Results 2 Days After Gynecomastia Surgery

Two days is very early into your healing process to judge your final outcome. Your #incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. 
In the future, if you are concerned with scars, with your surgeon's approval you may be able to use scar management treatments such as Biocornuem,  Scar Guard, Scar Fade,  IPL Laser,  Yag Laser,   5fu/Kenalog for thick scars, or silicone sheeting. It's possible the any #indentations can be addressed with cosmetic #fillers or #fat #grafting if you eligible. If you have any questions about your #healing, its best to speak to your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Is there a problem with your gynaecomastia surgery?

Many thanks for posting your question

I think you look really good for only 2-days post op! This is the time you will have uneven bruising and swelling, and is far far too early to take a view on the result.

In fact, for most gynaecomastia surgery, the final result cannot really be judged until a YEAR after surgery!

So, the best advice is to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and feel very positive about your progress.

Good luck

Do you think there is a "sunken chest deformity?

Hi there, 
congrats on the surgery
its way too early for you to worry about problems.
you will have some swelling that might last for a few more weeks.
Wear your compression garment regularly and be in touch with your surgeon

Breast Reduction in a male (Gynecomastia)

So far so good. Relax and recover. Its only been a couple of days. You have plenty of swelling and look at the bruising. When all of that is gone, then its possible to evaluate your results. Most times the results are just fine. Wear your compression garment and stop worring. 

Jay H. Ross, MD, FACS
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon