When can I start Dermafillers (volume), after chin implant removal - removed within 3 days of implantation?

I'm 30 years old and I had a chin implant 5 days back(first time) , soon after I saw it I was sure that it wasn't right in anyway for my face , so I got it removed yesterday. How soon can I go back to derma fillers for chin augmentation ( VOLUMA) considering the fact that i got it removed within 3 days

Thank you for sharing your question.  Once your soft tissue swelling has completely resolved you can resume use of dermal fillers into the chin.  This may be as little as a week, or up to 3-4.  Hope this helps.

Ask your surgeon

Great question. In my opinion you need to wait at least 3-6 months for all of your tissue to scar back down. Putting fillers back in your chin too early will prevent the space where the implant used to be from closing down properly. Once the former pocket has closed, you should be fine to go back to fillers for chin augmentation. Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber

Fillers Post Chin Implant Removal

Unfortunately, I can't give you a hard and fast time frame. It is going to depend on your body's healing process. You want to wait until you have completely healed from the chin implant removal which will probably take anywhere from 3-6 months, but definitely consult with your surgeon as he or she knows your case intimately. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

VOluma

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you wait until you are fully healed from the procedure, which should be a maximum of 6 months in most patients. Keep in mind that your appearance will change once you are finished healing, which may change your motive to have Dermafillers. Please consult with the board certified facial plastic surgeon who performed your chin implant. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volulma after an implant

Thank you for your question neetuderma. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Implants can also be used to enhance the face. For my patients I recommend waiting until the skin is completely healed after a surgery before injecting fillers in the area. This can take 2-4 weeks. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Chin

You need to wait until the swelling has subsided so the correct amount can be used. This could take up to 3-4 weeks.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Most Docs will defer to your Surgeon's wishes

I would estimate it takes approximately 6 months for full healing to occur after the removal of the implant.  However, I would ask your surgeon and do what he or she advises, as the may allow sooner.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon