Small mass of excess skin at the bottom of the tip and the start of my left nostril. Will it go with time? (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty surgury 6 weeks ago, i had a wide lowered tip. After rhinkplasty i noticed a small mass at the bottom of my nostil just at the start of my left nostril. It makes my nose look bent and makes the left nostil look much smaller than the right one. My surgeon said that it is excess skin from the wide tip and accumulated in that area and that it will fade out within 6 months. Yet i am concerned if it could be extra cartillage?

Nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for the question.These photos are sub-optimal. I can tell you that at 6 weeks, you are very early in the healing process. The mass you are seeing may be scarring, excess skin, or a combination. You will need more time before making any determinations. Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS