Sagging face at age 27! Need a solution (Photo)

Im a 27 year old i am very bothered by the fat pad on the right side of my mouth. I have also lost volume in my cheeks. I am very depressed over this and feel that i look much older than what i am. I've had a small amount of perlane injected on my marionette line thinking this might help, but it has not. 2 years ago i had maxiofacial surgery (bimax) & lost 9 kg and have now gained it back. Since then, my face has aged 10 years. Should i consider liposuction, fillers or facelift? Thank you!

Face Sagging at Age 22

Thank you for including pictures with your question. However, it would be absolutely necessary for you to be evaluated in person prior to making specific recommendations. You have already experienced a boney maxillofacial procedure but may require further structural changes with facial implants, fillers or fat grafting or even a face lift. A facelift could be the solution. As fillers are always a great option, over time you will need to maintain them. I recommend finding a credible, board-certified cosmetic surgeon for a full evaluation and appropriate treatment planning, and in that time, he will be able to assess what is best for you. Best of luc

Face sagging at age 27

Thank you for asking about your facial looseness.
  • I am sorry you are going through this.
  • The changes are more likely to be from your maxillofacial surgery than from aging.
  • You may benefit from a face lift but start with fillers.
  • These should go along the cheeks to lift the tissues. 
  • Liposuction has nothing to offer you except disappointment.
  • If fillers don't do enough, see a plastic surgeon for a face lift -
  • Take with you your photos from befoer your facial surgery and the operative note.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Time for non invasive procedures

The best results for face laxity are obtained by face lift. From the other point of view, face lift is an invasive procedure and I think that your problem is minimal.

So I advise you to have a face lift done when you are a bit older and if the problem gets worse.

At present I think that you can be content to do some light non invasive procedures. Such procedures are threads, ultrasound lift or hyaluronic acid.

Better results are obtained if you do a combination of them.

You can leave surgical treatments for a more advanced age.

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon