Do I need a revision surgery to lift the upperlid? How and where? (Photo)

I had my left upperlid retracted due to grave's disease , I did a surgery to lower it down by removing the lid back muscle. You can see my photo 3 days after the surgery , unfortunately it has become really droopy lid. What do you suggest to me? How easy to lift it again.

Thank you for your question. You should remain patient as you are fresh from the surgery. You need time for recovery before you judge the results of your surgery, although, if you are not satisfied with your surgical results then you can also seek a chemical peel. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait for a few weeks before considering resurgery

Hi. Can you send me photos, inclusive of your forehead. This will help assess at what level the drooping is starting to show. It looks like the ptosis of the left upper eyelid is persisting. But I would advice to wait for a few weeks before you decide to have a redo surgery. 

Do I need a revision surgery to lift the upperlid? How and where?

You do have significant PTOSIS of the left upper eyelid. It does need correction but the surgery need to be plan after thorough clinical evaluation and after reviewing your previous operative report. Please find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or an Oculoplasty Surgeon in your area to evaluate you and present treatment options for you. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Thyroid-Related Lid Malposition

Hi sunStorm2,
Thanks for your questions and photos. Thyroid eye disease can be a difficult condition to treat. The muscle on the back of the eyelid (Mueller's muscle) removed to treat your retraction cannot be replaced. However, the muscle on the front of the eyelid (levator aponeurosis) can be tightened to lift the lid and is not very difficult. But keep in mind that you should wait at least 6 months before deciding to proceed with this as the lid position may improve over time. Also, reactivation of your thyroid eye disease is always a risk of any surgery.

I hope this helps, good luck!