Is the revision really needed?

2 and half years ago I got breast implants. One year after I could feel the implant on right breast trough the skin in the cleavage area. On my question, the doctor replied it will settle down. Now I can see it under skin when I move my arm up and down. Are there any more consequences to this rather than just looks? Is there a risk it would be pushed even more? It hasn't for the last year and half. Do I really need a revision?

Is revision needed

Without seeing you in person it's hard to know what you are describing. If it's a thinning out of the natural tissue over a breast implant and the implant is on top of the muscle moving under the muscle may help. If it's already under the muscle than adding a barrier like in acellular dermal matrix such as Strattice may help hide the underlying implant from being felt. I would discuss these options with your chosen plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Is revision of my breast implants necessary?

Hello Lin_Lin,
Thanks for your question.
Without pictures or a physical exam it is difficult to comment.
Unless the implant is getting harder with time (capsular contracture), this is just a problem with looks most likely.
If you are very thin, this will not go away and may get slightly worse.
A revision is only necessary if both you and your surgeon deem it so.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Is a revision needed

Its impossible to tell what may be going on without a formal physical exam.   Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Revision needed?

Hello, if you have seen your doctor and they feel your issue is nothing serious (just one implant sitting in a different position), it would seem unlikely that a revision is necessary.  Generally people decide to have a revision if they are having symptoms or problems with their breast implants, or if they are not satisfied with their appearance.  Sight unseen it is not possible to give more specific advice.

William Andrade, MD

Do I need a revision?

Hi!  Very difficult to give a good answer because of a few factors: We need pictures to get an idea of what is going on, is the implant placed above or below the muscle, is it a saline or silicone implant and what your body type is.  From what you have described, I would assume that you are pretty thin.  Based on what you have presented, it seems just a cosmetic issue and not a health risk issue.  Follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation for the best possible advice.  Good luck!

Aaron J. Mayberry, MD, FACS
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision needed?

Thanks for your question  Without photos it is difficult to determine if a revision is appropriate.  Based on your comments, it seems that you may be talking about rippling beneath the skin.  This would likely not improve.  A decision to perform a revision should be made after consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you.  Hope this helps!

Charles Galanis, MD