PRP after hair transplant? (Photo)

I am 20. I got strip ht 8 months ago. Now my native hairs are thinning at the back of my scalp plus results arent good. Should I get prp? Is there any immediate side affects like sudden hairfall/shockloss? Is it safe? Does skill of surgeon count as in HT? Is it also done under local anesthesia? Does it causes hair to grow or just reduces hairfall?

PRP after transplant

There are some doctors that suggest PRP after or during transplant giving the impression that it helps with hair growth.  There is no scientific study to back up that assumption. 

Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss at 20

It is of paramount importance to stop effects of DHT.My first line of defense would be finesteride plus which also has some Chinese herbal ingredients and then secondly I like to use low laser light therapy.

if no response as noted by then go to PRP injections in combination with the laser light therapy and if possible three and I usually get some satisfactory results.
if no results are noted after 6 to 8 months I then recommend a hair transplant procedure.

Good luck

20 years old with hair transplants wants to know about PRP

From the photos in a 20 year old, to do a transplant is a guarantee of problems and in my humble opinion not ethical. I sincerely hope that you were given a try of the drug finasteride, which is known to reverse patterns such as yours without ANY suurgery. IF not, you have a problem with your doctor's ethics. Adding PRP adds money in the doctor's pocket and has never been shown to benefit people like you. See web reference to your PRP question below. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP does not work (It's safe but does not work)

You need to see a doctor for an examination. You need to understand possible future hair loss and consider options. There isn't much you can do with photos and Internet research.

The Internet is a great place for information but it is not a great place for personal medical advice as it may leave you with conflicting information and opinions which will ultimately delay your treatment. It may also entice you to spend thousands of dollars looking for the elusive cure because of a great looking website or marketing.

If you have genetic male pattern balding, there is no stopping it. There is no cure. This is a fact.

If you understand and accept this fact, you are a better informed consumer.

PRP or Lasers are unproven treatments that do not grow hair or cure male pattern balding. The studies and papers that are out there are poorly designed tests or show equivocal findings.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP after disappointing hair transplant

As a hair transplant surgeon, I find it distressing that so many men who are just thinning in their early twenties are undergoing surgery rather than making an effort to stabilize their hair loss medically. At any rate, though there are many anecdotal reports of success using PRP, it is not the treatment of choice for androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness). You would be much better served by a combination of finasteride, minoxidil, and low level laser therapy (LLLT); indeed, this may help you avoid having to keep up with your hair loss through repeated hair transplants. With regard to the result from your recent surgery, you may see some additional growth over the next 4-8 months. 

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP

PRP is safe.  It is done under local anesthesia.  Technique varies from roll-on to injection to both roll on and injection.  Thus, who does it probably has an effect on efficacy.  Anecdotally, it works well with early hair loss.  I'd also stay on rogaine and finestaride.

Tim Neavin, MD

Hair loss at 20

It's important to see a physician.

The biggest decision for a male with thinning at 20 is whether or not to use finasteride. Be sure to spend time understanding benefits and risks of this medication to figure out if it's right for you.

Options like minoxidil, PRP, and low level laser are possible.  PRP is safe, done under local anesthesia. It can help a proportion of men.