Is my nose bulbous and long? (photos)

I have always been so ashamed of my profile pictures, making sure no one see my profile. My nose bothers me and makes me feel that it makes me so unattractive. Is my nose really big for my face or am I exaggerating ?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You should not be ashamed of your appearance. You are a beautiful young lady! I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photographs you have posted, I believe you may benefit from smoothing out the bridge and some tip refinement. A bumps on the bridge of the nose can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You are a beautiful young women and have no need to feel self conscious. Of course, that's easier said than done. If your nose truly bothers you then why not schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss whether or not a rhinoplasty is really for you? It's always best to be armed with knowledge.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Is my nose bulbous and long?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).  If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Is my nose bulbous and long?

From the limited photographs, it appears that the  nasal tip is somewhat bulbous and the bridge line is wide. From the limited side photograph, it also appears that there is a weak and recessive chin profile, which can make the nose look proportionately bigger than it really is. A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about being a candidate for a chin implant. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish reduction of the bulbous tip with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal, while osteotomies can narrow the bridge line. Closed rhinoplasty techniques accomplish all the changes with incisions placed only on the inside of the nose. Choose your surgeon very wisely, since rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery. Digital computer imaging performing the office setting also be helpful to get an idea what can be accomplished with your nose upon your facial features. For more information and many before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to decrease the overall size of your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Aesthetic Goals

It's quite natural to be bothered by a facial feature which is slightly out of balance with an overall attractive and beautiful face. Congratulations on considering opportunities for nasal enhancement and refinement. Rhinoplasty could help to restore your self esteem and confidence, provided the aesthetic goals are natural, balanced and feminine to match your features. In your profile, improvement in length and tip projection would be the key to a nice rhinoplasty. Combined changes to these areas, along with some minor tip refinement and slight narrowing of your frontal view and all should be excellent for you. Choose an expert and evaluate the actual portfolio of rhinoplasty before and after cases. Do not rely solely on the computer imaging studies. Overall, you appear to be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. Best wishes. Please contact our office if you need additional assistance. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sending images. First off, you are a beautiful woman and there is absolutely no reason to be ashamed. Your nose is not markedly out of proportion for your face.

As a facial plastic surgeon, we do regularly evaluate noses.There are subtle features that can be corrected that will often be obvious to the patient, but not to a casual observer. This holds true for your nose as well. While it is impossible to make an exact diagnosis and plan with a few images, if you are concerned about the appearance of your nose, it does appear there are some areas that may be improved. This could include creating a more refined and smaller tip as well as a smoothing of the bridge.

My recommendation would be to meet with a facial plastic surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty. Ask to see before and after images of work they have done. Video imaging can be helpful to make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page.

Again, you have wonderful facial features and there is nothing ever to be ashamed about.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon