Is it normal? I had my fue hair transplant on 20-sep-2016. (photos)

Up to 20 days it was quit normal, but then it started shedding and now m just like before with some additional grafts as seen in 2nd photo....is it normal? Also can any multi-vitamin or minoxidil 5% is good to use or no need?

Hair Transplant Shedding

This is very standard. After 2 weeks of giving you a brief glimpse of the hair that was transplanted, it will fall out and in 3-4 months from now start to grow back in. By 6-9 months you should be getting a great look at the transplanted hairs. 

A great supplemental multi vitamin that we recommend is called Nutrafol and don't use Monoxodil for the 1st two months as it may dry out the transplant area but is definitely worthwhile to use after the initial 2 months

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shedding

Don't worry. This is a process that will go on for up to 5 weeks as you shed the old grafts that were placed into your head and then everything will look the same as it was before your surgery. In 5-7 months, new hair will start to grow from where these grafts were put in. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding 20 days post op

Its normal to shed the transplanted hair within a month of your procedure.  The transplanted hair goes into a resting phase and will return in about 2-4 months.  Minoxidil can help to keep the transplanted hair in the growth cycle and will mostly help you keep the non-transplanted hair from miniaturizing.  Vitamins are good to improve the overall health of your hair but do not do anything for the hair shedding. Bottom-line, everything looks normal.

1 month post op

typically the transplanted hair shed in the first 2-4 weeks after the transplant, which is normal. It is also normal for some of the grafts to not shed. Your new results will start to appear in 3-4 months, with the final result occurring between 12-15 months. You should be doing something to prevent further hair loss, that nonsurgical plan should have been discussed with you by the hair transplant surgeon who performed your procedure. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Baldev Sandhu MD

Yes, It is completely normal to have shedding within the first two to three weeks after the procedure. So you will look as if you had nothing done. The follicles will begin to grow at three to six months and the final result is what you see at one year. Be patient.

Thank You

Baldev Sandhu MD

One months post op

Shedding of transplanted hairs in the first  month after the operation  is an almost universal characteristic of a hair transplant. This occurs because during hair transplantation a graft is temporarily stripped of its blood supply and the grafts shed their hair.  Shedding of transplanted hairs are  usually  noticed begining 1 to 2 weeks following the procedure and continuing for up to six weeks. A very small percentage of patients do not shed and the transplanted hairs continues to grow. Please note that  It dosen`t mean that something goes wrong . 

New hairs  start to regrow in the 3rd or 4th months after the operation , and final result will be achieved only one year later .

I  advice my patients to start Finasterid or Minoxidil  from the third week after a hair transplant  . But note that each doctor may have their own routine for post op care. Better to contact your surgeon for   recommendations . All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal? I had my fue hair transplant on 20-sep-2016.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Minoxidil is generally not recommended after surgery. Some doctors may recommend it. If you have issues it is best to follow

Minoxidil is generally not recommended after surgery. Some doctors may recommend it. If you have issues it is best to follow your doctor's recommendations.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon