How long after a Brazilian Butt Lift can I fly?

I am a flight attendant looking to do the brazilian but lift and some possible liposuction from my arms, I understand that the recovery time can be several weeks but how long do i need until i can fly again?

Flying & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. I like patients to not sit on their butt at all (except in the bathroom) for the 1st week after surgery.  After 1 week, you should be able to fly home with an offloading device.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
#TopREALSELFDoctor
#CoreREALSELFDoctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Consider staying off your bottom for 10-14 days. Prolong sitting can be resumed after 4-5 weeks. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Every surgeon will have a different recommendation on this based upon your own risk factors, postoperative management concerns, the type of anesthesia used, etc.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

BBL and flying

Sitting for any great length of time is not good for the grafts and can increase the risk of a clot in the leg. If you are working as a flight attendant and not sitting, probably 2 weeks or so is ok. Best to ask your surgeon.

BBL

Thank you for your question.I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work before three weeks, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 15-20 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  I would recommend that you delay flying for 2-3 weeks following your procedure.  I would also recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon