Liposuction or not? Which method? Is tummy tuck required or not? (Photo)

Liposuction is a good or sport could do, because I've carried these fats from childhood and been struggling to take them off, In my case which method is better? Heard that the vaser lipo method is great that it may be faster to recover from, but not always recommended as the laser lipo, I heard a doctor in a interview says that sometimes it makes the flesh stick to the muscles in a bad way, so which one is better? And finally in my case tummy tuck is required or liposuction is enough? Thanks.

Lipo only for now

I would suggest to do liposuction only for now and let it heal for at least 6 to 8 months; i believe you will get satisfacotry results therefore not needing a tummy tuck.  The technique of the liposuction does not matter.  You may also do non surgical skin tightening alone with the liposuction to help with the skin retraction.  If it turns out that you want a tummy tuck after you have healed then you can do that later.  Make sure you have you plastic surgeon show you a lot of before/after photos of liposuction alone and liposuction with tummy tuck so you can see the results; also make sure that every liposuction photo includes at least 4 views - front, quarter turn, profile and back - from each patient and for tummy tucks to show you at least 6 views - front, quarter turn, profile, back and sitting front and profile).

from your photos it appears that you are a satisfactory candidate for abdominal liposuction. Individual surgeons prefer different techniques. Vaser liposuction is an excellent technique with essentially no associated problems. Laser liposuction however has been known to have some postoperative healing problems. I would speak with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery before going ahead with your procedure.

Good luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummy tuck for male stomach fat?

It appears that you have moderate fat storage in the subcutaneous layer beneath your skin however there is also some excess skin.  My recommendation would be to undergo liposuction using tumescent technique and allow for proper healing.  Hopefully this will allow you to avoid a tummy tuck.  Though different liposuction technologies are available, most people agree that it is the experience of the surgeon rather than the device used that makes the greatest difference.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD