Lip Injection - I really like to do some injections in my lips because of my long philtrum. (photo)

I need some suggestions please. Thanks

Filler

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip fillers are an ideal procedure for adding volume to thin lips, but it is not permanent. For a more permanent solution, options include fat injections, direct lip lift, subnasal lip lift and corner lip lift. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Injection - I really like to do some injections in my lips because of my long philtrum.

Thank you for your question.  Lip augmentation with the use of a dermal filler is an excellent option at increasing the overall volume of your upper lip to help camouflage the distance of your philtrum.  If you are interested in a more permanent surgical approach then a lip lift procedure may be a better option but this does leave you with a scar running along the undersurface of your nose which would likely be noticeable with the angle with which your nasal tip runs from the user lip.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss the best treatment option.

Long philtrum

If the distance between your nose and upper lip is your main concern then consider having a lip lift procedure. It shortens this distance and, at the same time, enhances and rolls up the upper lip. You may actually avoid needing lip injections, or possibly just to the lower lip to create symmetry. 

Good luck! 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist