Which level of SPF (suncream) should I use after rhinoplasty?

Hi, I live in a very sunny and hot country. I was wondering which level of SPF sun lotion I should be using.

Sunscreen After Rhinoplasty

It is highly, highly recommended that you wear a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or 40 after your rhinoplasty. If possible, wear a cap or visor when you know you will be outdoors for an extended period of time. These extra precautions could potentially prevent the hyper pigmentation of scarring, and will give your healing nose the protection it needs at its most vulnerable state after a nose job.

Stay out of the sun!

After a rhinoplasty you should make every effort to stay out of the sun for at least six months. Although sunscreen will protect you somewhat, staying in the shade is the best way to prevent your scars from darkening. Best regards.

Jaime Perez, MD

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD