I've had Juvederm fillers in my tear trough but after 2 weeks I still have wrinkles, do I need more filler? (photos)

I've had juviderm fillers in my tear trough, 1 syringe of juvibelle under each eye but after 2 weeks I still have wrinkles, do I need more filler

Fillers Under the Eyes

Depending on which filler you chose and how it was injected you may need more filler.  I personally prefer Restylane and Belotero for the tear trough area over Juvederm.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

More filler under eye?

I would try more filler. Make sure you go to someone experienced in this because it is difficult to get it right. I always use cannulas for this for safety and less bruising.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tear trough filler - likely need more

The tear troughs are one of the hardest areas to treat. They are fickle, can swell, bruise etc. You may indeed need more filler, although if you had 1 syringe under each eye (2 total), that is generally more than enough for someone your age. It may be more of a technique issue and in some cases the product being used, so make sure only a dermatologist is treating you to optimize safety and efficacy.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye dermal fillers

Thanks for question. Generally speaking 1ml of dermal filler is usually sufficient to treat the tear trough although you should always have your injections performed by a fully qualified plastic surgeon as the area requires an experienced hand to achieve good results. There is only so much fillers can do and while smoohting tear troughs is usually pretty effective, taking away wrinkles may not be possible.  In some cases I will recommend surgical lifting of the lower eyelid to achieve the desired results.

Is additional Juvederm required in the tear troughs

Thank you for posting your question and photos. It appears that additional filler should be injected in order to improve the tear troughs. You might require lower eyelid blepharoplasty if the additional filler does not improve the appearance of the bags.
Good luck,