I have uneven breast, left one is cup C and the right one is a D. What is the best a can do in thia situation?

Uneven breasts....

Most women have uneven breasts. If you are a cup size different this may be addressed with different size implants. However if your breasts have different heights of the nipple, etc you may do best with additional surgery to make the breast as equal as possible before the implants.

What can I do about different size breasts? Could #breastaugmentation and #plasticsurgery help?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question about breast asymmetries.  You may benefit from consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon and one who is also a member of the ASPS and ASAPS and also has performed numerous plastic surgery procedures for breast asymmetry.  While you may feel like you're the only person with this issue, it is in fact very common for patients to present with different size and shaped breasts.  I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best in your plastic surgery journey. -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts

There are many reasons why women choose to undergo breast surgery, one of the more common reasons being asymmetry. Many women can benefit from this procedure, which is a solution for women who are unhappy with the shape, size or symmetry of their breasts. Please seek out the opinion of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. 

Asymmetrical sized breasts

I am assuming that you have not had previous breast augmentation surgery. Most women have breasts of unequal volumes. This is the rule rather than the exception. Placing implants of 2 different sizes is commonly done in order to achieve better volume symmetry. In order to determine the proper implant sizes, an in person examination, with specific breast measurements will be needed. Based on these measurements, and a conversation about the "look" that you are trying to achieve, external sizers are placed in the office so that you can see what you will look like prior to having surgery. It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery in order to ensure that you are in the best hands possible.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You can achieve larger, symmetrical breasts with a breast augmentation by placing two different sized implants. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements to recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast assymmetry

Without photographs it is very difficult to give you an accurate answer.  However suffice it to say there are several options when there is breast asymmetry.  These options include using different size breast implants or using saline implants and inflating them with different volumes.  It is possible depending if there is any drooping to the breast that a lift may be necessary as well. When a lift his performed it is possible to create more symmetry to both breasts.. The downside of performing the lift however is more incisions.  

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.  You may wish to post photographs with your next question for more specific responses.

Often, improved breast symmetry can be achieved with breast augmentation surgery.  Careful breast implant “pocket” dissection, and the use of different size/profile of breast implants may be helpful in doing so. Sometimes, depending on the patient's anatomic starting point, breast lifting/reduction surgery may also be helpful.

Keep in mind, that realistic expectations are important; I ask patients to expect the breasts to be “sisters, not twins”, despite best efforts. 

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon very carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work achieving the types of outcome you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals very carefully as well. In my practice, I find the use of goal photographs, in bra sizers, and computer imaging very helpful during this communication process. 

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Placement or Positioning After Surgery

One potential risk during the healing process after breast augmentation is one breast that is noticeably smaller or is positioned differently than the other (asymmetry).

Depending on the length of time since your procedure it is possible that the healing process is still progressing and that one may be more swollen than the other and a little more time is needed. You should be able to visit your surgeon for a follow-up to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing properly. Good luck.

Breast aug with different cup sizes?

Depending on what type of surgery is necessary for your breasts (augmentation alone or augmentation with lift) you have several different options.  Using different sized implants is not uncommon when dealing with breasts of a different size or if you require a lift, removing some tissue from the larger breast while using the same sized breast implants is also an option.  You will know more when you consult with a plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

During a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon, this issue should be routinely evaluated and discussed.  Asymmetry is very common and routinely addressed with breast augmentation surgery.  Please keep the group advised of your experience as you pursue your surgery.