I have man boobs but I'm not sure if they are fat or hormones. How can I know if they are fat or unbalanced hormones?

Best to Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

I have man boobs but I'm not sure if they are fat or hormones. How can I know if they are fat or unbalanced hormones

Hi Anmarhassan
Most often than not the cause of gynaecomastia (man boobs) are changes in both hormonal levels and fat composition.
in the same way, all gynaecomastias will have both fat and gland(due to hormonal changes) in varying proportions
the treament to get rid of gynaecomastia is always surgery which is a combunation of liposuction and gland excision to obtain the best results

Gynecomastia Dubai AE

We treated many patients from your area.
How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

Actually, it is not critically important to tell them apart. The bottom line is they are all treated with some form of liposuction and then gland removal if necessary. This can all be done with a hidden tiny incision in the armpit. Good luck with your research and surgery.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Evaluating Gynecomastia

It can be difficult to determine if your gynecomastia is caused by fat alone or a combination of fat and breast tissue. It is best to be seen by a specialist to determine. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD