I feel my breasts don't look natural and so big after ba. (photos)

I'm 178 cm tall and 67 kg I had a very small breast and I wanted just to get it bigger with a natural look . My doctor recommended 400 cc hb silicone implants above muscles and I've trusted his choice, it's my third day after surgery and I'm supposed to see my doctor tomorrow for the 1st time after surgery Was the 400 cc too big for me or should I got a mb instead? I'm freaking out as I fell my chest is so flat just right above the implants. I'll update the photos tomorrow after removing bandage

Will my breasts look natural?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • There is no way of knowing how you really look through you bandages
  • If your implants are under the muscle, the position will not look natural.
  • And you are swollen from surgery. 
  • Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon tomorrow.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implant size

You are very early in your recovery.  Your breasts will need to settle and swelling will need to resolve before being able for you to accurately judge if you are happy with your results.  This can take several weeks.  Try to be patient and know that it is very common to have feelings of uncertainty after a procedure like this.  Most find that over time they are very happy with their results.

Camille Cash, MD

Post op

It is way too early to judge your result.  Things are swollen right now.  Give it some time and try to be patient.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Feeling Too Big After Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation

• I wouldn't worry too much about the size of your implants immediately after your breast augmentation. 
  • It can take awhile for the implants to settle into place.  It also takes time for the breast skin to stretch in order to fully accommodate the new implants.   This can take a couple months. 
  • Additionally, the swelling you have will go down with time. 
  • Also, it can take awhile until the implants feel like a natural part of your body.  So hang in there. 
  • It will take a few MONTHS to see your final results, so try to be patient!
  • Definitely discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Post Op Concerns

Directly after surgery, swelling of the tissues will affect how your breasts look and you won't see your true results for many months. I recommend that you try not to worry about their size or appearance yet as these things will change. Let your Plastic Surgeon know a bout any concerns.
All the best

Implants over muscle

Thank you for your question.  It takes up to 3-4 months for all swelling to subside.  I tell my smaller breasted patients that they are used to so many years of looking at a small profile that once they get implants, they will initially feel very large.  Getting used to the new profile takes several months and most women report that they are happy with their choice.

Chad Robbins, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.