Hair transplant microblade scars. How can I retrieve the smoothness of the recipient area?

Hi After 15 months, the receipient area is not smooth and when i checked with dermatoligst he told me those are tiny scars from the microblades has different texture now Now i want to treat the receipient area, my original surgeon do not want to treat it and consider those scars are normal We saw these days a lot of options to treat different type of scars with promising results My question, how i can retrieve the smoothness of receipient area? Is there any hope? Or i lost my scalp forever

Recipient area smoothness

by this point, if you have scarring, you will likely have it long term. You should have follow up with other surgeons in the area, but be very cautious about doing laser treatments to the area, as it can affect the hair bulb and affect your transplant results as well. 

Chicago Physician

There isn't much you can do on the Internet. If you have an issue, it is best to ask your doctor or see other doctors.

There isn't much you can do on the Internet.  If you have an issue, it is best to ask your doctor or see other doctors in person.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thanks for your query. They are very tiny scars and come as normal side effect of hair transplant. There are very little options available for it. You can try out resurfacing laser for the scar and scar revision for the big scar. It is best to leave it as such. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

15 months following hair transplant and you now have scars in the recipient area

At 15 months following hair transplant and you now have scars in the recipient area, there is little you can do at this stage

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon