I am 26 and I have hereditary baldness, was told I need 2500 grafts, which procedure would be better FUE or FUT? (Photos)

Hi doctor , i have heriditary baldness Iam going for a hair transplant next month , but i got confused abt choosing fue and fut ? for now i have enough hair which covers my head But my hair density becomes very less and hair thinng is there in front and crown area. hair loss made my front hair line more balder look when i check with 2 , 3 doctors all they said i may need 2000 to 2500 grafts, abt fue and fut all they have different opinions Anyone please telme which is best option for me?

FUE vs FUT

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

FUE is a better, more advanced technique with fewer possible problems and a higher chance for a great and natural result.  The FUE allows for the tiny hair follicles to harvested individually and them transplanted as opposed to the FUT which requires a scar on the back of your head and for the strip that is removed to be cut up into individual grafts.  Because FUE doesn't have any linear scar and because it is faster so that the hairs get placed as quickly as possible, the survival rate is better then the FUT method.  Good luck

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE is just a harvesting method. It does not relate to results. If you want a surgical recommendation you need an exam first.

FUE is just a harvesting method.  It does not relate to results.  It does relate to the type of scar on the back of your scalp.  If you want a surgical recommendation you need an exam first.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE vs Strip surgery

In the hands of a good surgeon both strip surgery and FUE are good solid techniques that should give you good result. Some doctors today do not know how to do a strip surgery well, so if that is your choice, make sure you find an experienced surgeon that does these. Read below where I listed  extensive references with links

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE versus FUT

Thank you for your question and submitting your photos. The trend is definitely toward FUE hair transplants. The principal reason is to avoid the linear scar from the FUT procedure. There is also a faster healing time in the donor area. The advantage to the FUT procedure is that it tends to be less expensive and it may be possible to harvest a larger number of follicles than with the FUE procedure. In the end, you need to weigh these factors and make the best informed decision for your circumstances. I hope this was helpful - Dr. Moore.