Is this filler migrated or what?! (photos)

Like 8 years ago i went to a dr and he placed sculptra ( or so i remeber) filler in my naso labial. Ever since, i have a solid peice in my right cheeck. So i have one bigger than the other.In like 2 months ago i went to another dr. He tried to dissolve it with hyaluronidase, it went down a bit . Again like a month ago, i had tooth implant in my right jaw side. Itnbecame swillen. Last night i read that saline may remove it so i injected my self in the lump area with 5 ml. It became red and itchy

Doctor Answers 2

Swollen red cheek after sculptra

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It looks like you may  have a granulomatous reaction (low grade shouldering infection) to the sculptra in your right cheek. The implant surgery probably worsened the problem. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon familiar with sculptra. The treatment consists of a combination of antibiotics.

Injected myself with saline to dissolve Sculptra?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I don't know what your qualifications are, but to inject yourself with saline to dissolve Sculptra is nonsense. Nothing can dissolve Sculptra, not even hyaluronidase. Right now, there might be an infection because of poor sterile technique or from your prior infection still lingering. I think you need to seek someone much more experienced in this area in the next day. I have not heard of a lump persisting over 8 years from Sculptra and therefore not convinced it was Sculptra. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.