Donor area is not growing? (Photos)

Hello Doctor I had a fue Hair transplant 2700 Grafts on 3rd june i started shedding a lot of existing hair that may be due to shock phase but i lost almost 60% of my existing hairs But my main concern at the moment is my donor area which is not growing back it was very thick before surgery but now completely bald with patches, I am concerned about the hairs growing back or not? kindly let me know is it normal? i consulted back to my hair surgeon he said hopefully it will grow i am not satisfied

What you are seeing is not normal. It may be shock hair loss. It may be a condition that was not diagnosed prior to surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss After Hair Transplant in Donor Area

I can understand you are not happy with your surgeons answer. Patchy hair loss and some small hairs in area are suggestive of an auto immune disorder, Alopecia Areata. However, that is difficult to diagnose from pictures alone. Best to see a dermatologist and try to get a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan. Great results are not by accident and best to get educated and choose your surgeon well. Read link below.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Donor area shock loss

Was this an FUE or a strip surgery?  This is highly unusual, seen in strip surgeries when the wounds are closed too tight and seen in FUE when the donor area is devascularized. This is where a good doctor/patient relationship is critical. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon