Crusts after 7 days. (photos)

I passed 7 days from hair transplant and there is a little big Crust in the transplanted area . I am washing everyday very gently with medical shampoo after put cream they gave me for 1 hour . is my case is good ? what about that Crust ? when I can start massage the transplanted area while washing ? thanks for you paitience

If you have excess scabbing or crusting it is best to contact your doctor. You can go back to see your doctor

If you have excess scabbing or crusting it is best to contact your doctor.  You can go back to see your doctor and your doctor may be able to give you a better washing.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crusting after 7 days

Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crust after 7 days

If your hair surgeon has given a post operative care regiment it would be wise to follow that.In my practice I always advice to be very gentile for the first week for the recipient area washing technique.After the 10th day you may start to use your fingers for massage during the washing.Also using a moisturiser cream before every washing session will help the scabs fall swiftly in 12-14 days.

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon