CoolSculpting not exactly on the area I wanted

i did a cool sculpting to my outer thighs the doctor place the applicator just down the area that i wanted to be treated is that right?

Need Photos

Bolbolbol:  It's very difficult to assess this situation without photos of the area treated and a little more information.
Having said that, most of the Cool Sculpting applicators use suction as part of their fat cell destruction process.  If one of these applicators were used on you, then the correct placement site would be at the maximum point of "pinchable" tissue.  Not below or above.
I hope this helps answer your question.

G. Robert Meger MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Wrong area done with Coolsculpting.

Without before and after photographs, it is possible that what you describe COULD indeed happen. But it's like someone asking if they went in for liposuction of the hips and instead the doctor liposuctioned the thighs, is that right? Well, no.

So this is a discussion you have to have with your doctor, who is the only one able to address this concern. Sorry. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Placement Issue

Hi there thank you for your question!  It is hard to assess any placement issues without a photo.  With that being said, if you are not satisfied or have questions or concerns regarding the placement I would suggest that you follow up with your treatment provider.  The applicator is typically placed in the area of concern and with the most pinchable body fat.

Best of luck to you!

Coolsculpting on outer thighs

If the applicator was not placed exactly on the area that you wanted, you should probably have let the doctor know.  But all is not lost.  You can always treat again without any harm done.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting for Outer Thighs

We use the Cool Smooth all of the time for the outer thighs but proper placement is done when you are lying down.  Do you have the photos to share with us? I would not be too worried since the applicator is quite large and it treats a large area.  Please consult with a board certified dermatologist with expertise in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Placement of applicator for CoolSculpting

The applicator for CoolSculpting is normally placed centrally over the area where the fat reduction is desired.  It is possible that your doctor felt the central area was slightly below where you felt it was.  I would discuss this issue with the physician who treated you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The applicator is placed over the largest bulge.
I could give you a better answer with photos please

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz