No bleeding while Derma Rolling, was the treatment not effective?

I'm trying dermarolling for white stretch marks I was wondering how many sessions are needed to see maximum results? And if there was reddening but not bleeding whatsoever during the treatment does it mean it wasn't effective? Or that I need more pressure during the next treatment? Or is bleeding not nessesary?

Bleeding and micro-needling when treating stretch marks

You do not have to penetrate very deeply to reach the keratinocyte, a cell that is in the superficial layers of the skin, to release several key growth factors that facilitate ideal skin rejuvenation. We are seeing excellent results with needle lengths of 0.25 to 0.5 mm.

Micro-needling creates micro-channels in the skin which enhance penetration of topical serums and medications which can dramatically increasing their effectiveness. Up to 80% of product can penetrate the skin compared to 7 to 10% with normal topical application.

Longer needle lengths can create more tissue damage, swelling and bleeding which can adversely affect penetration of these serums. So, bleeding is not necessary and is sometimes detrimental.

In my office, we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human stem cells. It is important that bleeding does not inhibit penetration of these serums.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon