Ab and flank liposuction blotted stomach and the area between the chest and the abdomen is lumpy.

i had my surgery 5 days ago, Ab and flank liposuction with local anesthesia, removed 3 Ltr, my stomach still blotted as if nothing has been removed. I have an overall pain. the area between the chest and the abdomen is lumpy, i woke up every morning with stomach pain. it feels uncomfortable sitting with the compression garment. unfortunately, i did my surgery then traveled so my doctor is not even around to consult. i know they are a lot of questions but appreciate your help on the above. thanks

Liposuction - bloated and doctor is out of town

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

It is normal to be bloated after liposuction. It will not significantly improve for 6 weeks, although you will see improvement in 2 weeks and your final result in 6 months. Although your surgeon is not in your town, you should contact her/him for guidance in your compression garment and other questions during your recovery - phone calls, emails and texts are all commonly used these days.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD