5 days ago I did liposuction on my arms. I do not see any difference. Should I be worried?

Liposuction

Thank you for your question in regards to liposuction. Five days post-op is to early to notice a result. It can take months for swelling to completely subside and to see your final result. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Be patient with your recovery, as

Five days following liposuction is too early to see a response as the skin needs time to tighten up to assume the new shape with underlying fat removed. However, you can reassure yourself that a significant amount of fat was removed by speaking with your surgeon. He or she will be able to share with you how much fluid was removed, what percentage of the removed fluid was fat, and what realistic expectations for you might be. It often takes three months or so for the results to be clear. Best of luck in your recovery. 

Michael H. Rosenberg, MD
Mount Kisco Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. That is very early to see results. It can take a few months for the swelling to come down and see optimal results.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Thank you for your question.  5 days postop is too early to make a judgment on your final result.  Allow the swelling to subside.  Wait a couple of months before getting a better idea about your final appearance.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Results

Thank you for your question.  Five days is way too early as there is still swelling.  Give it time, and touch base with your plastic surgeon,  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon