25 days after 4500 grafts FUE hair transplant. Oil mixture treatment, Derma-Roller - is it ok?

Hi All Doctors, Im in my 25th day of FUE and im experiencing a normal shedding. My Dr. Told me to use Rogain 5%and a vitamin tablet after 2weeks but i was getting headache so i stopped the rogain but having 1tablet a day. Now i made a mixture of oils wich i used it twice. The mixture contains: Almond oil,Castor oil,Extra virgin olive oil,Coconut oil and added an Onion juice ! (It said it has affect on blood circulation on sculp!) is it safe to use this oil mixture? What about derma-roller?

Oil and hair

Hair oils, while popular, do not seem to improve growth.  They probably will not hurt too much though either.  Try the Rogaine every other day.  Dermarollers can work depending on the device used (some work and some don't).  All of these treatments need continued use to help hair grow, but your grafts are probably going to grow in even if you use none of them!

Good luck!

Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

Treatment Substitutions

Rather than come up with your own substitution to what your doctor has prescribed you, you tell him/her that the Rogaine was giving you troubles and see what they recommend from there. Or at the very least ask them about the products you're using to make sure that they won't cause any significant troubles. The only thing that concerns me is the derma-roller.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen. Oil, onion juice, or derma rollers are not considered a normal treatment method.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

25th day post op FUE

I would let your dr know that you were having headaches with the minoxidil 5% and see what he/she recommends. You should be doing some sort of prevention. The oil mixture I would only use if you have a dry scalp, and I do not recommend using a derma roller because it can damage your existing hair if not used correctly.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

25 days post op

At this point in time, leave your recipient area alone and do not mess with it. Rogaine will have not effect and a dermaroller sounds like the worst thing you can do

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon