I am 6 weeks post lift/Aug. My left breast is now getting a really strange shape suddenly. Why? (photos)

My surgeon offered a free revision of skin tightening before I had surgery. Will that fix the problem? They look great from the side. Not good from the front

I am 6 weeks post lift/Aug. My left breast is now getting a really strange shape suddenly. Why?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Asymmetry after breast lift and augmentation

Hello Pretty poet, what I see from your pictures is your breasts are still large and dropped. Are you happy with the shape of your right breast?  You should discuss this condition with your plastic surgeon. You may need another operation in the future. If I see your preoperative pictures I can comment about the indication of your operation. Good luck. Regards.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift revision

You look like you need a revision with more skin removal in order to tighten the skin and make the breast more round. This should do the trick if your skin elasticity is good and the breasts are not too heavy. If elasticity is poor and/or breasts too heavy the problem could slowly recur. Discuss in detail with your surgeon. Good luck.

6 weeks post-op

Hello and thank you for your question!  Often times, patience is vital component in recovering. Final results may take up to 6 months after surgery. Additionally, your pre-operative photographs would also be a nice indicator of results to determine what shape your breasts were to begin with. Keep in mind that it is very normal to have one breast heal faster than the other side. Talk to your surgeon with your concerns and keep him/her posted.  I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon