Will they appear larger after they settle? 350cc UHP silicone unders (Photos)

5'2 90lbs. Bwd: 9. I had my BA one week ago today and I honestly have to say I thought they would be larger. My PS wouldn't go over 350cc so I got the largest he would recommend and I still feel small. They disappear with a simple tank top. Just wondering in your experience. Do women feel they look larger after the muscle relaxes and the implant has settled? Thank you.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. You will not lose any volume but the way your implant sits on your chest wall will change, and can result in different ‘fills’ to your bra.  Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation

As the implants settle they will not look bigger . You will have more projection in the lower pole and less projection in the upper pole as they settle.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Will they appear larger after they settle?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Although online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful reassurance, it may be helpful for you to know that the majority of my patients who are pleased one week out of surgery, remain very happy with the outcome of breast augmentation surgery in the longer term.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred. You may also be happier once the swelling AROUND the breast implants dissipates and the implants' shape and projection become more visible. 

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about.  

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.

Will they appear larger after they settle? 350cc UHP silicone unders

Not sure if they will appear larger but they will appear rounder and more natural looking as the swelling subsides and the implants drop and settle some. Best to give your body time to heal so you can get used to your new look. Good luck!