I have had two full syringes of juvaderm injected in my lips and am not seeing much difference. What are my options? (Photos)

After one syringe I only saw little difference so two months later got another syringe to get the results I was looking for. The swelling has gone down it looks no different than 1st injection. I know it has to be injected with the correct technique. I've been going to a cosmetic surgeons PA who has 20 years experience so it should be getting done correctly, right? She said if I want a more permanent option to get silicon injected but I've been reading it sounds like that's not a good idea.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane Lyft or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas, Add More If Needed

Please wait a few weeks to determine the final outcome.  Find an expert.  Voluma and Restylane Lyft are more robust than Juvederm Ultra.  Fat can also be used.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. However, I do think your lips are noticeably larger after the two injections. If you want larger lips still, I recommend considering further injections. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips Are Definitely Larger!

There is a significant difference in the size of your lips, from 0 to 1 syringe and from 1 to 2 syringes. Right now, your lips look natural. That's the final result we doctors are going for, not the outrageous, "ducky" look some patients push for. If you want them to look bigger, have more Juvederm added. Be wary of looking ducky or overdone though. It's easy to start down that slippery slope. Use makeup to augment your lips further.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Lips with 2 syringes of Juvederm

I see a big difference in your lips. If you want bigger, just add more. I prefer the HA fillers because they are safer than more permanent fillers.I wouldn't do implants either. Fat is an option but it is hard to fine tune to get great results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm in the lips

Thank you for your question wc4544. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. While I see an improvement in your photographs you may desire further augmentation. I agree that Juvederm can be metabolized faster by certain people and therefore more frequent maintenance treatments are required. Often times these are people with an active lifestyle such as athletes. In October 2016 Juvederm Volbella will be released in the United States. This filler has been used for years in Europe and is indicated for treatment of the lips. It uses the Vycross technology as in Voluma and is designed to last longer than Juvederm. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Juvederm in lips

Your lips are definitely larger with 2 vs 1 syringe.  Some people get much more fullness with HA fillers, so it is a good idea to add gradually.  And some people metabolize the product faster so it may seem to go away faster.   Do not put silicone in your lips as it can cause permanent nodules that have to be surgically removed.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

I have had two syringes of Juvederm injected into my lips and am not seeing much difference. What are my options?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current results have not met your expectations.  It is difficult without knowing your full history and activity level but at times young females who are very active can metabolize fillers very quickly.  This may be the reason that the second syringe did not make a large difference as your body had metabolized much of the first syringe in the two prior months.   I feel that there is some improvement in your profile photographs but if you are looking for more volume and pout to the lips you may require additional filler in your sessions.  Also ask which Juvederm was used as Ultra Plus lasts longer than Ultra.  I agree that you should avoid silicone injections into the lips.  Hope this helps.