So frustrated. 3 breast augmentations, breasts still not even? (Photos)

I have uneven ribs due to scoliosis. I've undergone 3 breast augmentations trying to get breasts to appear even. Last augmentation was 5 days ago. I realize swelling is still involved however one clearly appears much larger than the other one. Will these even out? I'm so incredibly frustrated!!!

Thank you for your question.  I understand it can be frustrating, but I always tell my patients, think of your breast as sisters, not twins.  Everyone has some level of asymmetry and it is nearly impossible to have perfectly identical breasts, especially with the uneven ribs.  With it only being 5 days post op, I wouldn't worry too much at this point.  Give yourself at least 3-6 months from this surgery to let your breast heal and for the swelling to go down to see where your are at, and at that point discuss options with your plastic surgeon if needed.
Best of luck to you!
If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos. It is important for you to understand that your goals may be unrealistic. Most women have various, small asymmetries and the breasts typically cannot be made identical.As well, while you are healing and especially when starting with two different sizes/shapes/position of breast- they will swell and settle differently. Sometimes these asymmetries are magnified for a time in the early post op phase.
I recommend that you try to be patient, try to be realistic and allow a few more months to pass before you evaluate results. Review original pre op photos and look for the improvements, not the flaws.
All the best

So frustrated. 3 breast augmentations, breasts still not even?

Thank you for your question and photos. When you start out with major bony asymmetry, you cannot expect that placing larger and larger breast implants will make you symmetrical. In almost all women, the breasts are not symmetrical. They are sisters and not identical twins. Since you are only five days postop, you need to give time for your tissues to heal. Your asymmetry can be improved (not made perfect) afterwards with fat grafting to the smaller side. Stay close to your surgeon at this time and follow his/her advise. Good luck with your healing.

At this early stage, it is too early to say due to swelling. If you were very uneven to begin with, you may never be symmetrical. Hopefully, you can achieve reasonable symmetry while wearing clothes. I would suggest discussing all your concerns with your doctor.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon