Risks of Infini and number of treatments for my specific scars? (Photo)

What are the possible negative side effects of Infini? I'm particularly worried about getting more permanent scars on my face. How many treatments would I need to see a very dramatic improvement in my specific scars? Is there a possibility that my scarring would not be improved at all with this treatment? Is there a possibility that it will get worse? Is there another treatment I should look into?

Acne Scars and Infini

I have not found a better treatment for acne scars than the infini. It usually takes 3 to 4 treatments to achieve maximum results, but I have seen a good improvement with 1 treatment. There is a risk of hyper pigmentation but this is less than 5% and easily treated. Everyone of my patients has seen an improvement, but realistic expectations are required for personal satisfaction.

Acne scarring treatment with Infini

I haven't see hyperpigmentation or worsening in scarring with about 1000 cases over 3 years. It is a safe procedure with proven effectiveness on acne scars. I don't think there is better technology for this as I have tried Fraxel CO2 and Dual too. You will not have total resolution of the scarring. Deeper scars can be treated with subcision and Bellafill if needed too. PRP has some additional benefit.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

INFINI for scarring

I would expect 50-75% resolution in scarring with INFINI treatments of your cheeks.  I would expect 3-5 treatments 1 month apart.  You must be patient to see the results- at least 3-6 months following treatment to see full collagen rebuilding. Risks include hyperpigmentation (avoidable with appropriate therapy) and over-treatment which could burn the skin (also avoidable) 
I think it is a great option

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon