I would like my clitoris a little more exposed so that I can achieve orgasm. Can this be done?

I have never had an orgasm during sex, only with my vibrator and when I am receiving oral. Seems like I am the only one who knows where my spot is. It becomes a lot of work for me with sex so I just end up faking it.

Hoodectomy for orgasm

Although there is no guarantee a clitoral hoodectomy will lead to orgasm, a clitoris buried and poorly exposed under excessive hood skin is a very good and common indication for the surgery. In this case, patients fair quite well, more likely to achieve orgasm because of improved clitoral exposure during stimulation. Glad to help

I would like my clitoris a little more exposed so that I can achieve orgasm? Can this be done?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though a clitoral hood reduction can be done to reduce the amount of soft tissue coverage over the clitoris this will not increase your likelihood of achieving orgasm through penetration.  Excessive clitoral exposure is most likely to leave you irritated and overly sensitive.  Hope this helps.

Clitoral de-hooding

It is possible that your clitoris is covered with surrounding tissue making it difficult for you to achieve and orgasm. However, there might be other physical or psychological causes for this. I would suggest to talk to a qualified surgeon who should be able to find out the exact cause.

If the clitoral hooding is the cause, then reduction can improve the sexual arousal, but over-correction can make things uncomfortable.

Hagen Schumacher, MD, PhD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Can I have my clitoris a little more exposed?

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you can have a reduction of tissue around your clitoris, but will it guarantee more stimulation to achieve orgasm easier?  The answer is no.  It is something that you have to consider if you do indeed go ahead with this procedure.  Many women may have discomfort afterwards and possibly hypersensitivity.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Clitoral unhooding

This procedure does help in many cases unless the clitoral size is very small.  There is a paper in the Journal of Sexual Medicine re this that I am one of about 10 authors showing our clinical experience with labiaplasty and unhooding so there is proof of this in the literature as well as in the last 20 years experience in my practice.  I would recommend a consultation with a surgeon who does these frequently.  We have testing methods here that help us determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.  I have never had painful scarring and this is very avoidable if you know what you are doing with this procedure.  I have never had a patient with hypersensitivity either probably because I know the cause of this and prevent it with perioperative medication. Most plastic surgeons do not do this procedure very often due to the issues below which are preventable if you have experience with the procedure.  Also the primary hood is not involved in the surgery, only the secondary hood.

Susan Kolb, MD

Clitoral exposure has little to do with orgasm

Every woman is wired uniquely and what stimulates you is a combination of physical and mental factors. On the physical side, the ability to achieve orgasm means there is nothing wrong with your anatomy. Removing tissue from around the clitoris in an effort to boost the physical side of the equation is unlikely to do anything more than make you uncomfortable and likely to create chronic pain. The infamous Dr. James Burt of Ohio mutilated many women in the 1970s with this very same flawed logic. 

I would like my clitoris a little more exposed so that I can achieve orgasm. Can this be done

Can this be done, yes. Will you be able to find somebody to do it, yes. The question is whether or not you should have it done. Exposing the clitoris can improve sexual satisfaction, but can also leave patients with painful scarring and hypersensitivity. If the procedure did not enhance your sexual experience, then you will have had surgery for nothing. You may consider seeing a sexual therapist as well to make sure you are pursuing the right treatment plan.