Weight loss after Liposuction.

I had lipo Oct 1. I went to my first Doctors app after lipo this Saturday because I couldn't make it last week. I weighted 254 pounds before lipo. And on Saturday when I got my pictures taken, I weigh 242. I am eating healthy since after my liposuction an well walking an all if I keep it like this tree I could work out regular with I be losing weight my swelling is very going down

Weight loss after liposuction

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• Good for you for eating well and taking care of yourself now.
  • If you have lost weight since liposuction, then this is real weight loss
  • Most people gain weight afterwards because of swelling.
  • Be sure your surgeon knows you are losing weight so you weight loss can be followed as you recover

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Weight loss after liposuction

It is important to expect significant weight gain immediately after liposuction which is solely attributed to water retention. This water and subsequent weight is quickly shed over the ensuing weeks after the procedure. Extreme Weight Loss after liposuction involving muscle and fat can result in further loosening of the skin. Interestingly  if some of the fat from the liposuction has been used as a fat transfer during the procedure one can expect this area of enhancement, whether it is the breast or the buttock for instance, to wax or wain with subsequent weight change. Therefore if you have a Brazilian butt lift with fullness in the buttocks from the transfer of fat, expect to lose that with dramatic weight loss postoperatively.

Weight loss

Congratulations on your liposuction and weight loss and continue good diet and exercise habits into the future 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

The Liposuction/Weight loss question--Continue habits, add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish

The amount of fat removed doesn't correlate with weight loss.  Many people do not lose any weight but have better contour and shape. I recommend keeping with your healthy habits and your weight loss will continue. For your aftercare, I also recommend RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer