While doing a Tummy tuck, can it also remove my enlarge mons pubis area? (photos)

I am interested in a tummy tuck after weight loss surgery. But I also have a large mons pubis ( top fatty vagina area ) can this also be cut or will I have to have lipo?

Redundancy of abdomen and mons pubis.

Hello Evie1985-
A full abdominoplasty will often include liposuction of surrounding areas including the mons. When skin is removed during the tummy tuck, it not only tightens the abdominal wall but also lifts the mons. So, an abdominoplasty with simultaneous liposuction should address all of your concerns!
Good luck.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

An overly large mons pubis can certainly be reduced at the same time as a tummy tuck.  This can be accomplished either by direct excision or liposuction, or a combination of both.  I usually reduce the pubic area as part of a standard tummy tuck.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi, thanks for your picture and for your inquiry, normally a tummy tuck helps a lot how your mons pubis area will look afterwards. If it is necessary liposuction will also help achieve the look that you wish. Please have an in person consultation so you can discuss thoroughly all your concerns, expectations and options. Good luck in your PS Journey!

Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

While doing a Tummy tuck, can it also remove my enlarged mons pubis area?

Tummy tuck routinely improves the mons pubis.

Los Angeles, CA..........................

That can be addressed with liposuction or with direct excision and suspension during a TT.
Ron Hazani, MD

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

While doing a Tummy tuck, can it also remove my enlarge mons pubis area?

Yes, that is commonly done as part of a tummy tuck and involves some surgical removal and tightening of the skin as well as some liposuction for contouring.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Contouring and tightening of a bulging lax  mons pubis area is often performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck.The best method depends on the patient's individual anatomy.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Moms Reduction

Thank you for the question and photo and YES the moms area can and should be reduced during your TT to get a better result

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

In my practice, a tummy tuck also addresses the pubic area. You get a suboptimal result if this is not taken care of during the abdominoplasty. I keep my incision low, about 6cm above the labia majora confluence, and this area is liposuctioned before the skin is elevated and the excess removed together with the abdominal wall skin/fat flap. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Mons pubis lift

This is a wonderful question.  Based on your photos you are great candidate for a tummy tuck. You do have excess skin and fat of the pubic region. Removing the excess skin and most likely liposuction of the pubis is a great way to improve the fullness that is currently there.  This can easily be combined with a tummy tuck.  During your consultation please make sure to express all of your concerns and make sure your doctor understands your goals.  You may also benefit from some liposuction of the lower back/love handles to really improve the overall aesthetics of your torso.  Best of luck to you!

Michael Zarrabi, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon