I had some belly hanging and had Liposuction. Will the sagging go away if I exercise and eat healthy? I'm very 27.

Sagging after Liposuction

Thank you so much for your question.  Swelling after liposuction can take up to 3-6 months in most people to resolve.  During this time, the skin retracts back and some of the sagging should also retract back.   An in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon after 3-6 months would elucidate what options you have if some of the sagging persists.  Hope this helps...best of luck!

Joyce C. Chen,  MD

A comprehensive office evaluation will clarify your options and alternatives.  The surgeon will discuss the differences between excess fat vs skin and how to treat the condition through non invasive methods or perhaps surgery.

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and after photos, and have a quality consultation.  

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and ideally member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume and quality, honest aesthetic plastic surgery and they adhere to a code of ethics.

All my best,

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Will the sagging go away if I exercise and eat healthy?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well. I s hard to tell without pictures. It will depen on how saggy your skin is, but I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and see his or her opinion about your case. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Hanging skin

Thank you for the question but without photos or better yet an examination it is impossible to say.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and get some opinions

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Belly hanging prior to liposuction

Thanks for your question. It's difficult to answer your questions without pictures or knowing more specific information on you (i.e. Any previous pregnancies? Any stretch marks on your abdominal skin? Are you wearing compression garment?...) With that said, liposuction usually doesn't help with hanging/loose skin. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Liposuction and Loose Skin

In general, loose or hanging skin will tend to persist after a liposuction procedure.  Some of the loose skin will contract and tighten but the majority will not.  If the skin is not at a point that you are happy with 4-6 months after the procedure, then it is unlikely that it will improve any further.

A tummy tuck is the ideal procedure to help tighten hanging and loose abdominal skin.  The procedure does come with a compromise, which is a long incision.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Diet, Exercise and These Treatments

I'm not sure when you had your procedure and without pictures it's hard to tell. A tummy tuck might be helpful along with HI DEF VASER contouring.  Ultrasound and RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis, Ultra, Vanquish) can be used to help you with skin tightening. I recommend a consultation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer