Smart/laser lipo? (Photos)

I was told that i needed a tummy tuck. I wanted to get smart/laser lip for upper and lower belly. I was told it may leave saggy skin. I have one child who is 3 years old. I am 133 lbs. The smallest I have been is 110 lbs and still had fat on my belly. I have never had a flat stomach.

Smart Lipo

Smartlipo is an advanced three wavelength liposuction technique that performs lipolysis and induces new collagen production as well as skin contraction. With the fat removed, the treated area will appear tighter and flatter. As healing takes place, the skin and surrounding area will remodel and adjust to your new body contour over the next few months. Since remodeling is a gradual process, it can sometimes take up to 6 months for full improvement. Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need a tummy tuck if your goal is a flat belly with smooth skin

Lipo with or without laser will remove the superficial fat from your upper and lower abdomen, but will not sufficiently shrink your skin to prevent wrinkling and creasing. Lipo will not do anything for the protrusion of your mid and upper abdomen. This protrusion is the consequency of loose abdominal muscles and can only be improved with a tummy tuck. Lipo will help add definition to your tummy tuck, but cannot substitute for it.

Smart Lipo

I performed smart lipo and/or Vaser ultrasound liposuction with great results that avoid the large scar and recovery of a tummy tuck. In my opinion and lengthy experience, you are an ideal candidate as your muscles and skin do not appear in need of a tummy tuck.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

SmartLipo or Abdominoplasty- What Is Bestir Me?

Your photos reveal your abdomen to have mild to moderate excess adipose in the upper and lower aspects as well as the flanks. Overall your skin tone looks good. You appear to be a good candidate for SmartLipo if you are willing to accept the possibility that the skin of your abdomen may be a little looser, even though some tightening will occur through collagen production from the laser (versus traditional liposuction). The benefit to you over an abdominoplasty is a much easier recovery (very important when caring for a 3 year old),  virtually no scars and leaving open the potential changes of future pregnancies (should that occur) that your abdominoplasty results won't be undone. Best to seek the opinions of several board-certified plastic surgeons who have lots of experience with both techniques.

Scott A. Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Scott A. Brenman, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo will improve you but not as much as a TT

Smartlipo can reduce the fat in your upper and lower abdomen. It cannot tighten your skin very much. If this is all your want, then this is a good option. If you want as flat as possible abdomen, then you will get a more dramatic change with a TT. However a TT requires a general anesthetic, is more money and will require about 10 days from work, versus returning to work the next day, with Smartlipo.

see a board certified PS who does both, for your consultation. 

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smart/laser lipo?

Your photos show a candidate for a tummy tuck.  Liposuction alone would be a waste of your time and money.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD