Can my nose be fixed with non-surgical rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I'm so embarrassed to smile because of my nose. It's as if my nostrils flare and the tip of my nose looks like it's drooping because my cheeks pull my nostrils out. I am perfectly fine with my nose when not smiling. It's a bit long but I'm alright with it. I would adore to have that adorable button ski-slope nose but I just want to have a normal nose when smiling! Can a non surgical nose job help me?

Filler and botox can be used

It is difficult to tell from the photos but you might benefit from a non-surgical treatment.  It is possible to improve the contour of your nose using dermal fillers and slightly elevate the tip by weakening supporting muscles with Botox injections.  I prefer HA filers in this area such as Juvederm Ultra Plus.  It is critical to go to an injection expert who is board certified and experienced treating noses.  The results are often remarkable and can make the tip appear "lifted" by altering the way light and shadow reflects on the nasal bridge. A trained injection specialist would be able to determine if it is warranted in your case.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplsty

I can see your issue and perhaps some well paced Botox could modify the tip and nostril issues that bother you. There is no permanent non-surgical solution.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Surgical rhinoplasty to improve the nose

A non-surgical rhinoplasty will not help to make the nose smaller and more narrow, since the filler placement will only make the nose  taller, wider and bigger on a temporary basis.  It is not FDA approved for that application and can have significant complications.  A surgical rhinoplasty can accomplish narrowing the bulbous tip, narrowing the wide nostrils and releasing the depressor septi ligament which pulls the tip down when smiling.  Releasing incisions underneath the nostrils and also help with widening when smiling.  

Nostril Flaring May Respond To Microdroplet Botox & Superficial Filler

I have encountered this particular problem on a number of occasions. I have found that a couple of microdroplets of Botox instilled into the nostrils can reduce the flaring you describe. Likewise, a small amount of filler, my favorite for this being Belotero Balance, injected intradermally (not deeply) into the triangle to the sides of the base of the nose can serve to blunt some of the pull that your cheeks apply to this area, which may further diminish the unwanted nostril flaring. Finally, a profile view would have been helpful to determine whether the drooping you describe might be helped by Botox or Botox plus filler to elevate the nasal tip. Nonsurgical rhinoplasties are advanced injection techniques that should not be left to the hands of novice injectors accustomed to using simple Restylane for treating simple wrinkles. So, be sure to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician and make certain to ask to see his/her before after photos before proceeding. Best of luck.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD