I just had a consult with my doctor and scheduled Voluma for next week. Would Sculptra be more effective? (Photo)

I'm 54 so the usual aging going on here. My question since I've been reading about Sculptra is you need 2 to 4 syringes for results / am I better off getting Voluma? I understand results will take 4 to 6 months, but with only 1 syringe will there really be any noticeable results? Also I'm the kind of person that wants instant results. I've had 3 Fractora treatments over the last three months and am still waiting to see those results. Thank you in advance for your help. Dotty

My personal opinion is that I no longer use sculptra. It works by making scar tissue which can become  hard and impede further injections. It doesn't work in some people , usually older one. 

Voluma will give you a definite result which will last 1 1/2 2 years. It doesn't make scar and it maintains projection. You should forget fractora which  will do very little if anything... your experience is showing this......  save your money for more volume which actualy does something. .

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Whats best for you?

You said you are the kind of person who wants instant results.  Then you want Voluma.

You get more volume with Sculptra as it is a "volumizer". You DO NOT get instant results, however. We see pt back in 6 weeks and add more if needed, until they are satisfied.
Voluma is like a "tent pole" -- it doesn't fill a space as much as it lifts up the dermis strategically.
The quick answer may not be the right answer but its always up to you.

Since its your face, you get to decide!!

Hope this helps,

Dr Johnson

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

The difference between Volume and Sculptra. Which filler to use?

Voluma and Sculptra are both fillers but work in very different ways. Sculptra does not add volume itself, but instead stimulates inflammation to create collagen. Voluma actually works to fill and support the area where it is placed. In my opinion, Voluma is more suited for what you are trying to achieve, giving you more predictable, immediate results. 

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma or Sculptra?

I think that good results can be obtained with Sculptra or Voluma.  The procedure with Sculptra generally would require several treatment sessions to gradually build up the area, and results usually last about 2-4 years.  Results with Voluma would be immediate and could last up to 2 years.  Since you mentioned you want instant results, I would say the Voluma would be better for you.  I would agree that one syringe of Voluma probably would not give significant results, so it is possible more would be needed.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon