I'm 256 lbs and 5'4". Should I get a Brazilian Butt Lift?

In the future im planning to get surgery to look better and feel better but I don't know if I should just get a Brazilian butt lift because they will have to suck out fat from unwanted places or if I should just get lipo but I would like a butt too

Should I get a brazilian butt lift

Without pictures or a face-to-face consultation, it is difficult to give you the right advice.  I will say, however, that many times you can achieve a nice shape with liposuction alone.  By removing fat in your back and love handles you will create more of a curvy shape because as those areas become smaller, (by illusion) your butt will appear bigger.  It would be advisable to lose some weight first so that you can be more healthy and recover from surgery faster.  I hope this helps.

Losing weight is probably the most sensible first step.  Pictures or an exam would be necessary to make recommendations.

Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure. Your BMI is at 43.9 and you should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine. Without any pictures provided it is impossible to tell if you are candidate. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation. Thank you for your question. 

Rami Ghurani, MD

Thank you for your question!  The Brazilian Butt Lift is a wonderful procedure!  It is liposuction of your problem areas, and the fat is transferred to your buttocks.  I suggest you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and then make a decision.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Confucian over a Brazilian

fat can be removed from any area if needed for fat transfer such as a Brazilian butt lift.

I suggest having a few in person consultations.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question.The popular ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ procedure is utilizes fat grafting to augment the curves of the gluteal region and accentuate the contour from lower back to buttocks. It is an excellent method for augmenting and lifting the buttocks and provides a beautiful, natural result. The procedure is performed by harvesting fat from unwanted areas of the body with liposuction and injecting it into buttocks. For individuals desiring a BBL but do not have enough fat available to be harvested, gluteal implants may be an excellent option for augmenting and enhancing the contour of the buttocks. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question.At 256 pounds you are too overweight for surgery, and need lose some weight to diminish risks involve.Without pictures to evaluate and information of pregnancies is impossible to determine which is the procedure of choice to correct your condition and  work for a better body contour as you wish.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift candidate?

Thank you for your question. It is hard to give you a good assessment without photos. Anyhow, you show to have a BMI of 43,9 which is really high for surgery, we advice patients to reach a stable weight within the safe range with a BMI of 30 or less to minimize risks during and after surgery and to optimize results. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The most important thing is to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

What's the best procedure

Without pictures, it's hard to answer questions precisely, but that being said, at your current height and weight, it's unlikely that liposuction or liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks will have a huge effect on shaping your body. If your goal is simply to have a large butt, BBL will help with that. If your goal is a reshaped and transformed body shape, neither will likely accomplish that without weight loss prior to surgery.
Your best bet is a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 
Sam Jejurikar, MD