I'm 125 lbs and I need to gain weight for Brazilian butt lift. I have no butt at all. How much weight do I need to gain?

Should You Gain Weight for BBL Surgery?

Gaining weight for any surgical procedure is not a benign recommendation.  Many times (as many people know) when a person gains weight, it does not go where you intend it to.  Visceral fat (which is the fat deep inside your abdomen) often increases giving patients not only a large and round-looking tummy, but an unhealthy future.  Visceral fat cannot be liposuction’ed and must be lost with diet and exercise only.  Numerical weight has very little to do with what kind of results you can achieve with a BBL.  The distribution and location of your available fat is much more indicative of the fat that could be harvested to transfer.  I have performed thousands of fat transfers and find that when patients are of a lighter weight/smaller build, even though they may not have as much fat to harvest, their smaller amounts of fat “go further” as it is more noticeable when grafted.  I often use the analogy: “adding a cup of water to a pitcher vs. adding a cup of water to a bathtub.”  When you have smaller quantities of available fat to remove, you also have a smaller area to “fill.”  Many of my “lighter” or smaller patients have some of the most impressive results.  It truly comes down to expertise in body contouring, fat harvesting, and technique in grafting the fat to ensure the maximum viability of the graft.  In those patients that may not have enough fat to graft, we may use an implant to help achieve their desired results when needed.  I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced in performing these procedures in patients of all shapes and sizes to ensure you can achieve your result.                  

Appropriate weight for a BBL

Your question is one of the most commonly posted questions on RealSelf under the topic of Brazilian butt lift.

Overall weight or BMI is not as important as fat distribution when it comes to determining if someone is a candidate for either liposuction or fat transfer.

There's no substitute to an in person consultation to get an accurate assessment.

Consider posting pictures to get at least some type of appropriate response from Real self.

Your best bet is to have several in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's especially since this procedure.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL?

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the best advices to you. Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Buttock enhancement

Gaining weight for a BBL may increase the availability of fat for fat transfer. But when you loose the excess weight gained, you will loose the fat transferred to the buttock.

If you do not have enough fat, it might be better to consider a buttock implant and keep your weight as is

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt lifts and body contouring procedures.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon