In a Double Eyelid Surgery Revision, Can the Crease Be Lowered?

I had eye surgery June 2010 and I wanted a very small crease. But, I feel like it is too large for my liking. I admit it is a lower crease compared to other kinds that I have seen online. However, it just doesn't satisfy me. I was wondering if it is possible to have it lowered? Do I have to get fat injected or something? Do I have to cut open the crease again to have it tapered lower?

Doctor Answers 3

In a Double Eyelid Surgery Revision, Can the Crease Be Lowered?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is usually easier to lower a crease then to raise a crease.  See an Oculoplastic surgeon who is familiar with the anatomy.  You will probably need a new incision in your eyelid.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lowering the upper eyelid fold

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lowering the upper eyelid fold is relatively easy. raising it is the hard thing to do. There are several options. Make sure you see someone with significant experience in eyelid surgery and that you are very specific in what you wish.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Double eyelid procedure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Having treated many patients who have had this type of procedure performed, it is possible to lower the fold following surgery.  I usually utilize one of two techniques:

1) Fat grafting a thin layer of fat above the crease will sometimes push it down.

2) Excising the crease and lowering it is also an option, as long as there is sufficient skin left to do so.

You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in Double Eyelid procedures (and their corrections) prior to undergoing any procedure. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.