Is There Another Way to Fix a Double Bubble?

Im 2 months post and theres a noticable crease where my natural fold used to be. My doctor dropped my fold and now it looks like a double bubble. I dont want surgery again. Is there another way to fix it?

Doctor Answers 7

Double Bubble After Breast Augmentation

Lowering the natural lower breast fold must be done in some cases of breast augmentation to fit the size of the implant or to augment a naturally constricted breast base. Sometimes this indentation in the lower breast pole after surgery will go away with time or become more acceptable. In other cases it will not. You should wait six months after surgery to give the fold enough time to see how much it will relax. Only sewing back down the fold surgically can resolve the persistent double bubble.

Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Fixing Double Bubble Deformity?

Thank you for the question.

No, I do not believe that there is a reliable nonsurgical way to “fix” double bubble deformities after breast augmentation surgery. Correction usually involves internal suture reconstruction (capsulorraphy)  techniques. Given that you are only two months out of your surgery, it is much too early to consider  revisionary breast surgery; generally speaking waiting at least six months (closer to one year if possible) is best.

Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,486 reviews

Double bubble deformity

A double bubble deformity occurs when the breast fold has been lowered ,resulting in two folds ,the original fold and the new fold.

Usually surgery is necessary to correct it.However if caught early wearing a symmastia bra can be of benefit.This is a rigid bra used to treat symmastia, it has excellent support and is able to elevate the fold.It has to be worn day and night  in order to encourage the tissues to adhere

If not successful surgery will be necessary.I commonly use mesh support to elevate the implant

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Another way to fix a double Bubble?

Unfortunately, if it has been a few months and there is a double buvvle the most effective way to fix it is surgery. This can ocur if and when the fold is lowered. The surgey is not difficult but you must be co-operative with post operative instructions.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 85 reviews

Double bubble

If you have developed a double bubble, then it is unlikely at this stage if it will improve without surgery.  Sometimes the fold is deliberately lowered and scored and if so, this can take a little while for it expand out with the new implant, but by two months it should be improving if that were the case.  Best to discuss with your doctor.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Double bubble problem

Unfortunately batimes, there is no treatment at this point for your problem.  If the crease was lowered because you had a very tight high crease this is not uncommon.  If it was lowered because you wanted very large implants placed this can also occur. If it was senn early on (within the first few days) sometijme you can vigorously tape the lower pole to control the lowering.  From the sound of it you will need some type of surgery to correct this.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD, FACS
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Double bubble after lowering of the IMF

I really do not like lowering the inframammary fold because of exactly what you are dealing with. Depending on the severity of the problem, there may be some improvement and softening with just time. The breast implant pocket softens and changes for 3-6 months after breast augmentation surgery. But most likely, correction of the bottoming out phenomenon is a surgical issue. I prefer to correct it using capsulorrhaphy sutures when possible. I do not know of any non-surgical approaches. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.