6 weeks post op from Breast Lift & Implant 300cc Silicone under muscle. Do I have a double bubble? (photos)

Hi, I am 6weeks post op of a Breast uplift (lollipop tech) &implant (300cc silicone HP unders), it looks like I could have a double bubble? Also on right boob there's a rock hard area of skin where bruising is & vertical scar is? What is this? would love your thoughts on both, thank you.

Double bubble after breast lift and augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Based only on your photograph it appears you may have a double bubble on the left breast.  Please see her plastic surgeon for an examination and evaluation.  If you do have a double bubble revision and correction is certainly possible but not in the early.  After your recovery but more likely after 3 months.

Post-Operative Double Bubble Deformity

Your pictures suggest the presence of a mild double bubble phenomena which is slightly more noticeable on the left than right. Although your pictures are helpful, it's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination.

Since you're early in the post-operative course and your deformity is relatively mild, conservative management is appropriate. Under these circumstances, the use of an underwire bra and taping of the inframammary fold is appropriate. If the problem is persistent, it's reasonable after six months to proceed with revisional surgery. 

In the interim, it's important to be patient and maintain good communication with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to outline a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

6 weeks post op from Breast Lift & Implant 300cc Silicone under muscle. Do I have a double bubble

Thank you for submitting your question and photo.  You do have bottoming out and a double bubble.  This may improve over the next several week with tape and using an underwire bra.  Discuss your concerns with follow the advise of your Plastic Surgeon. Best Wishes

Double Bubble

Based on your photos you may have a double bubble but this may resolve over the next 3 months as you heal.  If it does not surgery can be performed to correct this using capsule tightening without dermal substitutes.  I would recommended supporting the implant with taping or an underwire bra as you are healing but you should speak with the surgeon who performed the surgery.  Best of luck.  

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

Hi Sorian86,
    Based on your photos, it does appear that the left implant sits a bit below your original  fold.  This is a set up for double bubble.  In mild cases, its not a big deal, but it appears that this may be an issue.  Sometimes taping the fold to keep the implant in a higher position may seal that pocket as a capsule forms.  If ineffective, a revision may be required.  The hard area along your right vertical should not be an issue.
Good luck,
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS