Double Bubble After Year and a Half?

I am a year and a half post op breast augmentation. I think I have the double bubble deformity. Is this normal in this late stage of recovery. Can I do something to avoid surgery?

Doctor Answers 7

Need photos

I am sorry your not happy with your results.  Could you please provide us photos so we can see what exactly the problem is. 

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 60 reviews


Please post photos. Anything is possible but with out photos can't make a call.


Double bubble one and a half years after surgery

Without photos I can not say, but are you sure it is a double bubble and not also bottoming out?

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Double Bubble After Year and a Half?

Unfortunately, I think it is unlikely that your double bubble, if that's what it is (a photo might help with the diagnosis) will resolve on its own.  The best thing is to see one or more PS in consult, including yours if that's convenient and something you're comfortable doing, to see what your choices are.

Sorry about that but you will most likely need another surgical procedure to resolve this issue.

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 125 reviews

Double bubble

Having a double bubble this far out that has not resolved means you will likely need to have it surgically repaired.  See your  PS and discuss the options.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Double bubble after breast implant surgery?

If you have a double bubble deformity this far out from surgery, it will not get any better without a surgical revision. You should see your surgeon to discuss your concerns. If you are uncomfortable with your surgeon or desire a second opinion, make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in revision breast procedures.

Matthew Schulman, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 326 reviews

Double Bubble After Year and a Half?

This far out it is most unlikely that anything but surgery can resolve the double bubble. Even when recognized early, the non-operative therapy doesn't work too often. See your surgeon.

All the best. 

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.