Does my nose look like it has been broken/has a deviated septum? (photos)

I got hit in my nose when I was 15 and never thought about it to much when it happened. I'm now 20 years old and starting to notice that my nose seems to look a little crooked. Does it look like my nose has been broken or that I have a deviated septum? Considering getting a nose job to correct it

Has My Nose Been Broken?

Thank you for the pictures but it is impossible to know if you have broken your nose. If your nose is crooked or asymmetrical this can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery regardless of the cause. 

Broken nose

your nose does not appear to have a significant degree of of deviation. Externally it falls well within the normal limits of a natural appearance. If you're considering rhinoplasty, it would be best for you to be evaluated in person to better assess the structures that make up the nose. A better assessment of the septum can be made by looking inside of the nose, and it would help to feel the nose to see if there is any evidence of a past fracture. Best regards

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

From the profile view, it looks like you fractured the septum and now you have a clear separation between the bony portion and cartilaginous portion of your nose.  A rhinoplasty to even this out would be indicated.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Rhinoplasty after a broken nose.

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Patients who have had a trauma to their nose may develop changes that may include a bump on the bridge or a crooked appearance. A deviated septum may also be in the picture; however an examination is necessary to look inside the nose for a deviation. These issues may be addressed with a septorhinoplasty. I would recommend a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialists who will ask you questions, examine your nose, and take photographs. With this information, your surgeon can present potential changes appropriate for your face. I like to use 3D computer simulation to get on the same page as my patients. Clear communication is important for a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible Broken Nose 5 Years Ago

Yes, it does seem that your nose may have been broken a slight amount.  It really is not very noticeable unless you point it out.  It appears that your left nasal bones may have been slightly shifted to the right. Unable to assess your septum. Usually if the trauma happened that long ago it will be considered a cosmetic procedure.  Please see a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon