I am considering getting rhinoplasty surgery done. Are the results that I want possible? (photos)

I am considering getting rhinoplasty surgery done. My main concern is the bridge of my nose and the size of my nostrils. I would like my profile to be strengthened, or to have the appearance of a longer nose, and the size of my nostrils reduced. Is it possible to strengthen my profile? Is it possible to reduce the size of my nostrils and still have a natural look? Can my nose be lengthened?

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Nose

LDanny , I afraid your photos are not helpful in answering your question but yes a nose can be lengthened and all of the noses I do are designed to look as natural as possible. See a facial specialist, one that has years of experience doing "only faces". Look for really good Internet photos. see the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering getting rhinoplasty surgery done. Are the results that I want possible?

Improving the cosmetic appearance of the nose  and refining its shape, yet having the result look natural, is a frequent request from patients seeking a rhinoplasty.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Results from rhinoplasty

Being realistic with your surgery is absolutely key.  You are taking the right steps in figuring out exactly "what can" and "can't" be done with surgery.  Truth of the matter is, improving your profile to create an elegant nose all while maintaining something that fits your face - well that is certainly possible.  The best way to figure out exactly what to expect, just how much definition can be done, etc - well I would recommend you discuss this in greater detail during your consultations.  Your skin thickness, propensity for healing (or lack thereof), the motion of your nose during talking/smiling/etc - all of this comes in to play.  Good luck on your consults! I'm sure you will do great.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I consider rhinoplasty?

Thank you for your question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Board Certified Rhinoplasty plastic surgeon in your area.  Have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lengthening of nose

Measures can be taken through a rhinoplasty to give your nose a longer appearance as well as making the nostrils smaller and less visible.  It is best to seek consultation with a surgeon to help address your specific goals.  

Short nose

An open rhinoplasty can be tailored to lengthen your short nose , rotating the tip down and raising the bridge to give  stronger profile and resulting in less visibility of your nostrils