I want my breast implants taken out and not put back in.

Im tired of my huge 38DDD breast implants. I just want to feel comfortable. How much does it cost to just remove them? i need to feel healthy again.

En bloc capsulectomy

For explant surgery, it is almost always best to remove the capsule in its entirety.  This will allow the space to heal.  If you leave the capsule in place, it does not heal.  Fluid can accumulate in the space.  The situation that brings the patient to implant removal will have an affect on the decision.  This is a surgery which requires discussion with the plastic surgeon about the problem, the goals, and the technical concerns.  The body does not re-absorb the capsule.  Revision surgery requires drains because the fluid is going to be generated when you operate on the scar capsule.  If you provide a mechanism for the fluid to be removed (i.e. drains), the risks are lower.  If the fluid accumulates because there were no drains, it will most certainly cause problems in the future.

Removing Too Large Breast Implants

This is not an uncommon request after having very large implants placed. This is also why breast reduction is such a patient favorite. Large implants, just like large breasts, are uncomfortable and cause multiple physical symptoms, not just psychologic ones. Because of the psychologic problems that led you to seek augmentation, perhaps you should consider simply changing the implants for a smaller size that will not cause the symptoms you are now experiencing. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, exact operation planned… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Generally speaking, what your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.   The attached link may be helpful to you as well. Best wishes.

Implant removal

The fee for removal of implants will vary from surgeon to surgeon. It also depends upon what might need to be done. Removing the capsule can get quite involved.  Best to be evaluated in person first.

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - breast implants taken out

You should visit a few board-certified plastic surgeons in your area to get an idea of what the prices are.  However, you should consider additional procedures if warranted, such as a breast lift, removal of the capsules, etc.  That will depend on how much breast tissue you have, any scar tissue, etc., and the time to go over the options is now, before your surgery.  So it's worth visiting a few plastic surgeons to get information and fully understand what your options are.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500.

Explantation

I would advise explantation with total capsulectomy, drains for about a week, breast lift to decrease deformity, immune support, detoxification, antifungals, and treatment of co infections in order to regain your health.  

Susan Kolb, MD

Removal

Sorry that you have such implants. It is surely not a happy way to live.Implant removal is usually $3800You are around 3 1/2 hours away I10 to I75.Thanks for the question. Good luck

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Explant

Seek an expert in breast implant and enblock removal of implant and capsule.Depending on the position of the implant, if under the muscle then the muscle needs to be re-attached to the chest wall to minimize the possibility of deformities.

Costs vary

Seek a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area that is specialized in explantation and concurrent breast lift. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS