What can be done about broken root canal tooth? (Photo)

While I was trying a new porcelain bridge with temporary cement, the cement didn't hold and when bridge came off one of the root canal teeth broke off. My dentist never did a post and core on the tooth. I put temporary filling in the hole. What can be done? Will the bridge have to be remade?

Post and core or dental implant

I'm sorry to hear about these troubles. Hopefully your dentist is able to build the tooth up enough to make it stronger with a post and core. If not a dental implant might really be your best option.

Carmel Dentist

Dental Bridge

You first need to put the bridge back in so your teeth can't shift. It might not fit, however, since you put a temp in the hole. Either way you need to see your dentist as soon as possible.  You're bridge will not need to be remade as long as it fits the teeth properly. He could build up the broken tooth and refit it to the bridge at the same time. That really should not be a problem at all.

Fractured root canal tooth

Unfortunately the bridge will probably need to be redone. The tooth will require a post and core. It will be very difficult to fit the current bridge to the new build-up.